God, Why? “Why would you want to use me?” – Week 5
Worship and check-in: Listen to “God You’re so good by Passion” during group worship and your personal devotional time. Acknowledge that God is good and that His plans and purposes are good for us. We are blessed, we are called, we are healed, we are whole because of who He is. The plans that God had for Moses’ life were what He planned for each of us before the beginning of time.
Bible Readings: Ephesians 2:10; John 10:10; Judges 6:12-15; Exodus 3:11; Joshua 1:9; Exodus 4:11-1; 1 Samuel 16:6-7; 1 Samuel 13:14; Luke 22:60-66.
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
Ps Daniel shared with us how although we may doubt our own abilities and talents, God has something great planned for each of us and in order for us to understand this, we need to see what God’s word says about this. Talking through the message during the week helps us to turn what God is saying to us into action steps. These talking points, questions, and scriptures are designed to help us take one next step.
1. What is one of your greatest talents/gifts? How have you used this talent/gift to honour God?
2. Read Judges 6:11-18. Gideon asks God in this passage why He would use someone as ordinary as him to save Israel.
- How does it make you feel knowing that God wants to use you to do something significant?
- Describe a time when you felt like God couldn’t use you. Why did you feel that way?
3. Write down in your journal what types of insecurities you struggle with most, and how these hinder God from using you. Then share with the group in what ways you see yourself as being too unlikely to be used by God. (See Exodus 4:10-12 to see how Moses felt).
4. How do you think God could use your brokenness to affect others in a positive way? What steps will you take towards discovering and responding to what God wants to do through you?
Check out and Prayer:
Read Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” This scripture confirms that the Lord has a plan for each of us to do good. We do not need to be confident but should have “God-Fidence” in God in us. All we need to do is take a step to find out what God wants to do.
Thank God for the many ways He has and will continue to use you. Share with God your insecurities. Ask Him to
help you in overcoming these insecurities and to take the brokenness in your life and use it to help others that are broken. Ask God to show you how He wants to use it and what next steps you need to take as you obey His calling. Ask God to place the right people in your life that will help you accomplish what God wants to do through you.
Pair up and share what you believe that God is asking you to do to take the next step.
- Meditate on Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- For personal study check out the following devotions on YouVersion: