BAPTISM: Amazing Grace
Speaker: Daniel Erasmus
Worship: As you prepare your hearts for Life Group or during your quiet time, listen to the worship song
“That’s the Power by Hillsong” There is power in the name of Jesus, it’s the name that’s above all names, situations, moves mountains and brings healing to our hearts and minds.
Check-In: Share your “Rule of Life” with the group, what you are going to prioritize or put into place to grow and deepen your relationship with Jesus. Here is the Rule of Life Workbook PDF to assess and design your own rule of life if you haven’t done so yet.
Bible Readings: Read Ephesians 2:1-9; Romans 3:23; John 15:13; John 8:3-11; Luke 15:11-32
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
In Ephesians 2, Paul speaks about grace and that before Jesus, we all were a certain way, BUT then God intervened, and Jesus brought grace to the world.
- Ps Daniel shared three key thoughts from Ephesians chapter 2:
a. You (we) were. Before Jesus all of us were a certain way, we are all sinners in need of a Saviour.
b. BUT God. Even though we were sinners, God intervened.
c. By Grace. God shows us how we can experience this grace.
Where do you find yourself on the grace journey? Do you find yourself showing grace to others more easily than you accept it for yourself? Where do you need to allow God to intervene in your life? Share with the group.
- Read John 8:3-11 and Luke 15:11-32 and discuss how the above three points are evident in these two passages.
- On Sunday we heard stories of lives that have been changed through the grace and power of Jesus intervening in their lives. Share with the group your current story of life change and how God’s power and grace are intervening in your life.
Jesus shows us that Baptism is a step of obedience and gives us His own example to follow. If you haven’t yet taken this step, it doesn’t matter if it’s been a few days since accepting Jesus as your Saviour or 40 years. Encourage one another to take this next step!
Check out and Prayer:
Pair up and pray a blessing over one another.
The memory verse for this week is Romans 3:23 (NLT) “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
For personal study, here are suggested YouVersion devotionals:
There are several next steps you can take on your discipleship journey over the coming weeks:
- sponsor a teen to attend Elevate “Imagine” Camp 2023 or sign up to serve.
- sign up to be part of the Christmas Spectacular.
- sign up online via Church Center or the website.