Made Whole: WHOLE
Speaker: Madz Deyzel
Worship: In preparation for Life Group or during your quiet time, listen to the worship song “I Speak Jesus by Charity Gayle” As you do, call on God and invite Him into the situation you are facing, to bring healing and His peace.
Check-In: Share if you were able to live by His script by choosing life daily in the choices you’ve made.
Bible Readings: Read Genesis Chapters 2 and 3; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; John 4:13-14, 25-30; Romans 3; 2 Corinthians 10:4-6; Psalm 18:20-24.
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
Each one of us wants to be known, to be loved, to know our purpose, and that we have value. We can be WHOLE in this way when we know who is in our boat with us. On what foundation are we building our lives?
- In Genesis 2 we see that we were placed in the Garden intentionally, for a purpose, and that we were created in His image. God’s original design was that we shouldn’t do life alone (Gen 2:18. We have the desire to be loved and to be in relationship with God and others.)
Identity plays a big part in our daily lives. Which one of these areas do you feel you need to grow in: knowing your purpose, knowing your value or worth, or knowing that you are loved and why?
- We see in Genesis 3 the story of Adam and Eve and the temptation they faced. They heard the lie…“Did God really say that you will die?” They were enticed and then accused, this is how shame shows up in our lives and robs us of our identity in Christ. What lies are you listening to that are robbing you of your identity in Christ? What can you replace the lies of the enemy with?
- The story of the women at the well (John 4) is one that we have heard many times. She heard Him tell her about all that had happened in her life, then she heard him say that He was the Messiah, the one she was waiting for, the source of life. Share with the group how you are turning to God (what choices are you making) and aligning yourself to the truth of who you are in Him. Remember the difference between a victim and a victor is “a choice”.
Check out and Prayer:
Go around the group, name the lies, and acknowledge the truth of God’s Word for your life (John 4:13-14 and Romans 3:23).
Pray Psalm 18:20-24 together as a group over each other:
The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord; I am not guilty of turning from my God. All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees. I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin. The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
The memory verse for this week is 1 Thessalonians 5:23 (ESV) “Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely and may your whole SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
For personal study, here are suggested YouVersion devotionals:
There are several next steps you can take on your discipleship journey over the coming weeks:
- take a step of obedience – Baptism.
- sponsor a teen to attend Elevate “Imagine” Camp 2023 or sign up to serve.
- sign up to be part of the Christmas Production.
- sign up online via Church Center or the website.