50 Day’s Series: The Power of the Resurrection in our Daily Lives
Speaker: Justin Matthews
Worship: During your time with God, spend a few minutes listening to Great Things by Phil Wickham. Take God into your day with you – He is the resurrection power that we need to live out our daily lives.
Check-In: On Resurrection Sunday, Ps Daniel made this statement; “The resurrection of Jesus gives you the power to close the gap between the life you’re living and the one you could live.” As a check-in, share what this means to you.
Bible Readings: Luke 24:13-24, Ephesians 1:19-20, Luke 24:35-40, John 16:33, 1 John 2: 18-20, Luke 24:49, Acts 2:1-4
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- “The Power of the Resurrection gives us His presence.” Justin mentioned how difficult it was for the disciples to continue without Jesus. Do you sometimes feel as if Jesus has left you?
As we reflect on this scripture Luke 24:35-40, especially vs 38 and on Romans 8:38-39, how can the “Power of His presence” influence your relationship with Christ and where you currently find yourself?
- The second point from Sunday’s sermon was that “The Power of the Resurrection gives us His peace.” We all know that peace is greatly lacking in our world today and we were reminded that we’re not spared any trouble. Yet perfect peace can be found in Him. As you read John 16:33, Luke 24:36 & 1 John 3:18-20, what is troubling your heart? In which situation do you need the Lord’s peace to reign? Share with the group what is on your heart and what you want God to do.
- “The Power of the Resurrection gives us His promise” In Luke 24:49, we find that Jesus promises that He’ll send His Holy Spirit. This is what Pentecost is all about and Acts 2:1-4 beautifully describes this. Justin highlighted that Jesus’ promise wasn’t just for certain people, it was for everyone. As you continue with the rest of your week and in the days to come, how can this PROMISE help you face what lies ahead and what do you need to do to ensure this happens?
Check out and Prayer time: Share with the group one thing that you’re committed to doing over the next few weeks in preparation for Pentecost Sunday. Then go around the circle and pray for one another.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals.
- Share God’s love with those you have been praying for. Share with them what God has been doing in your heart and life and how much He loves us unconditionally.
- Winter is approaching and we often buy new things or do a cleanout of our cupboards. Bring your gently used clothes for UTurn and help support those in need.
- Invite someone who is new to the church to join at the Welcome Home Dinner on Tuesday 5 May at 18h30. You can help them register on Church Center or the website.