A Path Called Providence
Speaker: Basil Brown
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to As You Find Me by Hillsong United. As you spend time in worship, use this opportunity to reflect on the truth that God loves you just the way you are right now.
Check-In: Where have you seen God’s goodness to you this week? What has He done for you that you are celebrating?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Jeremiah 29:11-14; Psalm 119:26-28; Romans 8:28; 2 Thessalonians 1:11
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- Providence – “God’s caring provision for His people as he guides them in their journey of faith through life, accomplishing His purpose in them”. What has stood out to you about A Path Called Providence after hearing Ps Basil speak into this area? How has this challenged you?
- There were 4 chemicals that our brains produce that Ps Basil spoke into in light of growing our Emotional Framework that helps us live in providence:
• Dopamine (The reward chemical – devotional/quiet times)
• Oxytocin (The love chemical – serving others)
• Endorphins (The happy chemical – when we worship God)
• Serotonin (The mindfulness chemical – Holy Spirit)
Which of these areas do you need to grow in? What would you need to focus on doing in order to grow in that area?
- “A faith that has function is able to withstand any season” – how can you put your faith into function this week? What steps can you take to help you action some things that will grow your faith?
Check out and Prayer time:
Pray that God would show you areas of your life where you need to strip off things that are slowing you down from running the race, He has set out for you.
Read Hebrews 12:1 and thank God that He runs with us as we run this race of life with perseverance.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals: