The Good Shepherd – He Protects
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to Same God by Elevation Worship. As you spend time in worship, allow the Holy Spirit to remind you that God promises that He is a faithful God in every season.
Check-In: What verse(s) stands out to you from Psalm 23? Why is it significant for you?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Psalm 23 NKJV; Matthew 28:20; John 14:16-18; Deuteronomy 6:4; Psalm 139:23-24; Matthew 6:6; Psalm 73:1-3, 16-17; Ezekiel 34:16, 31
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- With this new image and context of the way Psalm 23 was written, how has this shaped the way that you view the Good Shepherd (God)?
- Where do you need God to be with you in this moment? What valley are you currently walking through?
- The Good Shepherd provides protection for us when:
o He is with us in the battle & valley
o He blesses us in the battle & valley
o He refreshes us in the battle & valley
What do you need to remind yourself of this week when it comes to the way the Good Shepherd protects you?
- What steps could you take this week to be aware of the Holy Spirit that is always with you? What ways do you need to ask the Holy Spirit to fill you again?
Check out and Prayer time: Ask God to remind you that the Good Shepherd promises that He is with us always, by the Holy Spirit. Ask the Holy Spirit to anoint your head with oil and fill you again as you face this week.
Commit to memorising Psalm 23 and thank God that He is the Good Shepherd who cares for you.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
- Are you interested in joining a serving team? WhatsApp us for more details or visit the website.
- Invite someone who is new to the church to join the “Welcome Home Dinner”.
- Bring your gently used clothing items and support UTurn Ministries. Drop off in the bin on a Sunday in the main foyer or during the week at reception.