Uncomplicated: Finances – Help! I’m In Debt
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to Run To The Father by Cody Carnes. As you spend time in worship, God wants us to come to Him no matter where we find ourselves.
Check-In: What steps have you been able to take this week when it comes to putting God first?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Matthew 6:33; Proverbs 22:7; Haggai 1:5-7; Luke 15:11-16; Proverbs 16:18; Proverbs 14:12-13; Proverbs 18:1; Psalm 88:8; Psalm 139:7-12; Psalm 34:18 (GNT); 1 Corinthians 10:13 (MSG); Psalm 51:5-6 (MSG); 1 Peter 5:5-7; Luke 15:17-21
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- What thoughts come to mind when thinking about debt? Have you got any experience of being in debt?
- What are some of the lies you could have believed that have led you to this place of debt? Or what steps/safeguards have you put in place in your life to protect you from going into debt?
- God desires for us to live in freedom and Rozanne encouraged us with four very practical steps that we can apply to getting our finances in order:
• Acknowledge the reality of where you are
• Develop a plan of attack
• Do it His way NOW
• Humbly ask your Father for help
What hard, honest conversations do we need to have with God and others when it comes to our debt? Which of these practical steps could you take this week? Is there a way we can help others in our world as they take any of the above steps?
- There is a beautiful invitation from God, to come to Him no matter where we find ourselves (like the Prodigal Son). Is there anything that you need to come to God with this week (even when it comes to your finances)?
Prayer time: Pray that God and His grace will find you if you find yourself in a place of debt. Here is the prayer we prayed together in week 1.
Read Luke 15:20 and thank God that He waits for us to come back to Him.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- There are a number of discipleship opportunities coming up – all details on the Church Center App