Uncomplicated: Finances – Myths & Lies
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to Jireh by Elevation Worship and Maverick City. As you spend time in worship, declare that God is enough in every circumstance!
Check-In: What has been something that has stood out to you from the Uncomplicated series this far?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Matthew 6:33; Haggai 1:5-7; Matthew 6:21; Luke 16:13; Proverbs 18:11; Hebrews 13:5-6; Philippians 4:19; Luke 12:15; Ecclesiastes 5:10; Romans 4:7-8; Deuteronomy 8:18; 1 Chronicles 29:10-12
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- Have you ever found yourself believing the enemy’s lies about money? What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
- There are three myths Ps Daniel challenged us around when it comes to the way we view finances:
• Having more money will make me secure
• The things I own define who I am
• My stuff belongs to me
What stood out to you from Ps Daniel’s message on Sunday? What has God challenged you about when it comes to perhaps believing these myths? What truth from God’s Word can you replace these myths with?
- Matthew 6:33 says, “But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.”
What one practical step can you take as you seek God first with your finances? How can we support/encourage those in the group with these steps?
Prayer time: Pray for the group as you commit to putting God first with your finances. Here is the prayer we prayed together on Sunday.
Read Haggai 1:5-7 and ask God to help you see how you can manage your finances in a way that honours Him.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- There are a number of discipleship opportunities coming up – all details on the Church Center App