Uncomplicated: Families – Faith @ Home
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to O Praise The Name (Anastasis) by Hillsong Worship. As you spend time in worship, declare that God is so worthy of our praise!
Check-In: As a child growing up, what did you want to be? What does your child want to be when they grow up?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Matthew 6:33; Matthew 16:18; Genesis 3:1-2; Isaiah 41:9-10; Isaiah 45:3; Deuteronomy 6:1-9, 20-23; Joshua 24:15, 24-27; Numbers 6:24-26
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- What stood out to you from Ps Daniel’s message on Sunday?
- Matthew 6:33 says, “But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.” And we have been saying, “Let the One who designed families, define them.”
What does discipleship look like in your family? What did you learn from your own family background that you have implemented in your family now? Or how would you like to see discipleship look in your family when you have children of your own?
- George Barna wrote: “We cannot legitimately pawn off our kids on a church and expect it to do the job we as parents have been given by God. However, we can partner with the church to compensate for our own areas of developmental weakness or inability so that our children mature into dynamic followers of Christ.”
What practical discipleship/faith steps can you take at home? In what ways can you partner with the church in raising your children? As a group, how are you able to support the families in your world with raising their children this way?
- Ps Daniel read Deuteronomy 6:2 and encouraged us to take note of two important “so that” truths:
1. It is about a generational mentality (our children’s children)
2. God desires for wellness/wholeness in our family (so that you may enjoy long life)
How are you able to apply these truths to creating an environment in your home/family as your disciple your children?
Prayer time: “The greatest thing we can do for our children is to pray for them.” Spend time praying for the children represented in your group. Pray for the parents, that God would give them the wisdom and courage to live out Faith @ Home.
Read Joshua 24:15 and ask God to help you on the journey as we raise our children to serve Him.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- There are a number of discipleship opportunities coming up – all details on the Church Center App