Uncomplicated: Families – Blended, Mended, Extended
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to What A Beautiful Name by Hillsong Worship. As you spend time in worship, be reminded that God is so worthy of our praise!
Check-In: What is your favourite family tradition?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Matthew 6:33; Exodus 20:4-6; Exodus 34:6-7; Numbers 14:17-19; Ezekiel 18:19-20; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Romans 8:2, 12: Galatians 6:7, 9
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- “What counts in making a happy marriage (also family) is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility.” Leo Tolstoy
In what way does your family deal with “differences”? Is there a space to speak through conflict in a way that’s healthy?
- “We cannot change our history, but we can change our legacy”. What legacy do you want to leave behind for your family one day?
- Ps Jason said this and it’s so profound, “Sow new seeds that will OUTLAST the old harvest!” What seeds are you feeling God ask you to start sowing in your family?
- There were 10 practical tips that Ps Jason spoke about. Which of these tips were you most challenged to begin doing more in your life? What practical steps could you start taking this week?
Prayer time: Do you need to accept God’s grace for the situation you find yourself in? Take an opportunity to spend time with God, allowing Him to remind you that this grace is freely given.
Read Galatians 6:9 and know that God is faithful to finish what He starts and that we will reap a harvest at just the right time.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- Join a team that shows love to others with practical care and assistance: Career Care Team, Meal Care Team or Home Maintenance Team – check out the details to sign up.
- There are a number of discipleship opportunities coming up – all details on the Church Center App