Uncomplicated: Relationships – Fighting Fair
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to Touch of Heaven by Hillsong Worship. As you spend time in worship, take joy that we can sing these words, “all I want is to live within Your love” with faith.
Check-In: What lesson have you taken and applied to your own relationship that you may have come across in a movie/TV series?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Matthew 6:33; Deuteronomy 6:5; Galatians 5:14-15; Philippians 2:4; Psalm 119:105; Romans 12:10; Matthew 5:23-24; 1 Corinthians 13:13; Micah 6:8; Philippians 2:1-8
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- There are two approaches to any conflict – the shark (fight approach) or the teddy bear (flight approach). Do you identify with any of these approaches in your own life? What do you think could have led to you adopting this approach?
- Sandbanks are inevitable in any relationship. What are some of the ways that you can learn or have learned before to navigate these sandbanks? How can we identify what these are and address them in a way that is healthy?
- Tips to fight fair that Dennis mentioned include:
1. God’s ground rules of Respect, Trust and Love
2. Be like an owl – follow God’s wisdom
3. Win/Win – play the game, not the person
4. Follow the greatest of these – love
In your relationships, what steps can you take to grow in the way you handle these sandbanks/conflicts? Which of these tips do you need to be intentional about applying in your life?
Prayer time: Take an opportunity to pray for your relationships where you may be experiencing conflict. Ask God to be with you as you take intentional steps to fight fair.
Read Philippians 2:1-8 and be encouraged that we are able to love others the same way that we are loved by God.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information: