Uncomplicated: Relationships – The (He)art of Forgiveness
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to As You Find Me by Hillsong United. As you spend time in worship, be reminded that God’s love finds you just where you are right now.
Check-In: What practical step have you been able to take from the Uncomplicated: Relationships series so far and apply to your relationships?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Matthew 6:33; John 3:16; John 13:34-35; Matthew 26:36-39; Matthew 24:10; Luke 17:1; Matthew 18:21-35; Philippians 4:13; Matthew 5:43-44; Luke 6:27-28; Romans 12:14, 17-21; Ephesians 4:31-32
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- Knowing that you are completely loved and forgiven by God and called to love people (Love God. Love People), why is it that sometimes you might find it difficult to forgive those that have hurt you?
- “Forgiveness isn’t minimising an offence or even reconciling with the person who offended you. Forgiveness is choosing to release the offence and the offender to God.” How does this truth change the way you view forgiveness?
- Ps Daniel shared three Godly forgiveness principles that can help us to live life uncomplicated:
– Pray for them
– Bless them
– Do good to them
What practical (and often difficult) steps are you feeling challenged by God to take in this area of forgiveness?
Prayer time: Take an opportunity to pray a prayer of forgiveness similar to this example: “Father, help us to remember that we can choose to love and forgive others because You first chose to love and forgive us. Heal our hearts from offence, and help us to pray for, bless, and do good to others, no matter how they have treated us. We love You, Lord, and we choose to value and love all people, just as You do.”
Read Ephesians 4:31-32 and receive a fresh revelation of just how you have been forgiven by God and how that frees you to forgive others.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
- Living Changed: Forgiveness by Changed Women’s Ministry
- Values of Marriage (Ep 5 – Compassion & Forgiveness) by Dr Henry Cloud
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- Join a team that show’s love to others with practical care and assistance: Career Care Team, Meal Care Team or Home Maintenance Team – check out the details to sign up.
- There are a number of discipleship opportunities coming up – all details on the Church Center App.