Uncomplicated: Relationships – Singleness
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to King of Kings by Hillsong Worship. As you spend time in worship, be reminded that God is Sovereign and in control over all we are facing.
Check-In: What one piece of relationship advice have you received from someone that has stayed with you ever since?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Matthew 6:33; 1 Corinthians 7:32-38 (NIV); Proverbs 10:5 (TPT); Matthew 22:37-39 (NIV); James 5:16; Colossians 1:13-15; Galatians 5:13 (ESV); Matthew 6:21
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- Whether we’re single or married, God’s heart is for us to be whole, holy, and healthy. In what ways could you be looking for something other than God to “complete” you?
- “God purposes that we enjoy the freedoms, the privileges, the opportunities, and the joys that accompany Christian singleness.” Peter Scazzero
As a single person, what is the important opportunity you are gifted to embrace right now?
- “The most important thing in your life is not what you do; it’s who you become.” Dallas Willard. What practical steps can you take in this season, single or not, that can help you become who God is calling you to be?
- Ps Grant shared three principles that we can embrace:
• Become a healthy person
• Let your singleness become an opportunity for unique service
• Let your singleness be a testimony to God
Whether single or not, which of these principles can you apply to your own life? How will this help you have relationships that are uncomplicated, the way God designed them to be?
Prayer time: Take an opportunity to pray for yourself if you find yourself in singleness. If you are married, take an opportunity to pray for the single friends that you know of. Thank God for allowing us to experience the gift of both marriage and singleness.
Read Matthew 6:33 (TPT) and allow God to remind you that as we seek Him first, all these “things” we desire will given to us.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- Join a team that show’s love to others with practical care and assistance: Career Care Team, Meal Care Team or Home Maintenance Team – check out the details to sign up.
- Singles Event coming up on Saturday, 18 September 2021 – details on the Church Center App