Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to Faithful Now by Vertical Worship. As you spend time in worship, be reminded that God is and always will be faithful.
Check-In: Throughout this week, what worship song has been encouraging you as you spend time with God?
Bible Readings: Judges 4:1-2; Judges 4:4-5; Judges 4:8; Judges 4:9; Psalms 20:6-9; Deuteronomy 31:8;
John 14:15; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; Psalms 69:30; Psalms 104:33
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- Despite God giving us His confidence and strength, many of us, just like Deborah, have gone through seasons in our lives where we have been gripped by fear. Fear of losing a job, or losing a loved one, or not being able to provide for your family. And where we find ourselves now, with everything that is going on in the world and our country, we may be gripped with fear.
What happened that caused you to live in fear? What did you do to overcome this?
- God gives us His confidence and strength to face whatever we are going through. He calls us to be obedient and faithful to what He has promised. What area of your life is God calling you to be obedient and faithful in?
- As a church, we have been called to be a house of praise. Praise is very simply giving/showing God our gratitude and thankfulness for who He is and what He is doing.
What are you giving God thanks for today? Share with the group how you are going to cultivate an attitude of gratitude and thanksgiving this week.
Prayer time: Pray that we would be reminded that our strength comes from God and that He asks us to obey Him with that. And as He answers our prayers and meets our needs, He calls us to praise Him.
Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 and be reminded that our joy is found in God through Jesus Christ.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
- The Deborah Anointing by Michelle McClain-Walters
- Warrior Women: Deborah by Bianca Jaurez Olthoff (RightNow Media)
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- Join a team that show’s love to others with practical care and assistance: Career Care Team, Meal Care Team or Home Maintenance Team – check out the details to sign up.
- Invite someone who to join you for church as we start our new series Uncomplicated: Relationships.