Ruth – WEEK 4: The best is yet to come!
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to Here Again by Elevation Worship. As you spend time in worship, be reminded that God draws near to you as you draw near to Him.
Check-In: How have you been encouraged by someone or something in your life in the past week?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Ruth 4:1-22; Romans 8:28 (TPT); Ruth 1:21; Psalms 27:14; Ruth 3:9; Ruth 3:12-13; Psalms 78:70-72; Romans 1:3; Revelation 22:16; Matthew 20:30; Psalms 18:6; Proverbs 3:5-6; Matthew 14:27
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- What have you learnt as we have unpacked the book of Ruth? What is the main challenge or practice you will apply to your own life?
- God’s plan all along was for Jesus to be our Kinsman Redeemer. God’s heart towards us is to protect and watch over us – just like Boaz did with Ruth. Last week, we shared the areas of our lives we wanted Jesus to redeem and how we would do this. Share with the group how allowing Jesus to redeem those areas of your life in the past week has helped you to feel God’s protection.
- Waiting is an important theme running through the book of Ruth. We often find ourselves in seasons of waiting and Pedro mentioned two practices that we can hold on to when waiting:
• Turn to God in prayer
• Trust Him
Are you currently in a season of waiting or just been through one? Share with the group the situation. Consider these practices and how you will put them into practice while you are waiting for God to answer your prayer or how these practices could have helped you in the waiting.
- We see how God works everything together and restores hope to Naomi and Ruth knowing that “the best is yet to come”. Share with the group your “the best is yet to come” prayer.
Prayer time: Take time to pray for one another. Pray that God would show you that He is still working to restore hope and that “the best is yet to come”.
Read Proverbs 3:5-6 and find encouragement in the truth that God works things together for our good when we trust Him wholeheartedly.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
- A story of Redemption by Cailin Leacock
- Love God Greatly: Ruth
- The Book of Ruth by Bianca Olthoff (RightNow Media)
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- Join a team that show’s love to others with practical care and assistance: Career Care Team, Meal Care Team or Home Maintenance Team – check out the details to sign up.
- Invite someone who is asking questions about God to join you at the upcoming Alpha course which start on Monday 2 August. You can join still up until week 3.