Ruth – WEEK 2: In Good And Bad Times
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to In Control by Hillsong Worship. As you spend time in worship, be reminded that Jesus is in control!
Check-In: As we have prayed for our country and all we are facing, what has most encouraged you this week?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Ruth 2:1-23 MSG; Galatians 6:2; Psalm 57:1; Psalm 91:4; Psalm 13:5; Matthew 23:37; Joshua 1:9
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- When have you seen God orchestrate events, relationships, or changes in your life? Did you realise He was moving at the time? How do you see His hand now that you’re past that situation?
- When we find ourselves in difficult seasons, pride will often stop us from asking for help when we need it most. Ruth shows us that humility opens a door for God to show compassion to His people.
How can you be intentional in sharing with your group when you are in a difficult season? What stops you from seeking the counsel of those in our lives?
- Hesed – God’s kindness/goodness is shown to Ruth by Boaz and v20 shows us the response of Naomi (who was left feeling hopeless – week 1).
What can you learn and apply to your own life from Naomi’s response as her hope is being restored again?
Prayer time: Pray for any needs in your life and trust that God would give you hope in the midst of that current situation.
Read Psalm 27:13-14 and be reminded that God is our source of hope even when there seems to be no hope.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion and RightNow Media devotionals:
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- We continue our series on Ruth next week – invite someone to join you online.
- Invite someone who is asking questions about God to join you at the upcoming Alpha course