BLESS – WEEK 4 Eating Together
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to There’s Nothing That Our God Can’t Do by Passion. As you worship Him, be reminded that God is in control and that He is able to meet our every need.
Check-In: Share some of the praise reports you have had whilst being intentional about listening to those around you.
Bible Readings: Anchor: Genesis 12:1-3; Matthew 9:9-13
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- We looked at BLESS practice three – EAT TOGETHER – this Sunday, what has God been saying to you since then?
- “When we invite friends for a meal, we do much more than offer them food for their bodies. We offer friendship, fellowship, good conversation, intimacy, and closeness. When we say, ‘Help yourself… take some more… don’t be shy… have another glass…’ we offer our guests not only our food and drink but also ourselves. A spiritual bond grows, and we become food and drink for one another.” Henri Nouwen
How do we see Jesus model this in His own life? What can we learn from Him to apply in our own lives this week?
- Discuss what some of the barriers in your life may be to inviting someone to share a meal with you. What can you do to overcome these barriers?
- Share with the group how you can BLESS someone on your BLESS card by inviting them to share a meal/experience with you this week.
Prayer time: Pray for the courage and opportunity to invite someone to join you for a meal during the week.
Read Matthew 9:9 this week and be reminded that you can tell God invites you to follow Him wherever you find yourself right now.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion devotionals:
Love People: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- Be intentional about praying for those people on your BLESS card
- Invite someone to join you at church for Week 4 of BLESS as we look at how we can BLESS by Serving
- Father’s Day is coming up, why don’t you invite a father figure to join you at one of our services?