Experiencing God’s Love in the unknowns and uncertainties of life.
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to Yours (Glory and Praise) by Elevation Worship. As you spend time worshipping, allow the Holy Spirit to remind you that God is so worthy of our praise.
Check-In: How have you been able to show love to those in your world this week?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Luke 24:13-36; Psalm 23:4; Matthew 24:35; John 6:29; Romans 15:13
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- What one thought has stayed with you since hearing Ps Barbie’s message on Sunday? What has God been saying to you through this thought?
- The story of the disciples on the road to Emmaus sees the disciples facing feelings of lose, despair, broken dreams and without hope ready to go back to their old lives. Emmaus was a place where people went to get away from the hurt/disappointment/discomfort and perhaps we have faced similar seasons personally.
Share where you have been close to walking away from God/church/life group/serving like the disciples. What kept you connected in those seasons?
- From the story, we learn that Jesus comes to us; invites us to tell Him exactly what we are facing; and then shows us exactly who He is. God is close to us even in the midst of our uncertainty and He listens intently to us as we share what we are struggling with. Luke 24:21 “We had hoped…”
Share what is on your heart and in your mind that you would be saying to God right now as He listens deeply?
- As soon as the disciples realised that Jesus was with them, they ran back to Jerusalem to tell the rest, filled with a newfound hope and sense of purpose.
Share how you have been able to tell others about how Jesus has given you a new hope and purpose. Or how you are praying for an opportunity to share with someone in your world?
Prayer time: Ask the Holy Spirit to help you draw closer to Him when feelings of uncertainty overwhelm you because He is close and wants to comfort you.
Memorise Romans 15:13 and be encouraged that you are filled with joy and peace because you trust in Him.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion devotionals:
There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- Sign up for the Love People Round Table on 15 May 2021
- Invite a mother in your world to the Mother’s Day service