A Life Defined By Love
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to Whole Heart (Hold Me Now) by Hillsong United. As you spend time worshipping, allow the Holy Spirit to remind you that God loves you exactly as you are.
Check-In: After hearing about the love the Father has us last week, have you found moments throughout the week where you were reminded about and encouraged by His love?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Mark 6:30-44 (NIV); John 13:34-35; 1 John 3:18
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- What one thought/challenge stood out to you from what Ps Daniel shared this week? How would you respond to “What defines you right now?”?
- In the parable we see two contrasting perspectives – the disciples were focused on themselves/distracted and Jesus was moved with deep compassion for the people. Which perspective do you identify most with and why?
- From the story of the 5 loaves and 2 fish, we see how Jesus modelled love for people to us:
– Love sees need (Lord, give me eyes to see)
– Love feels need (Lord, give me a heart to feel)
– Love meets need (Lord, give me hands that will act)
– Love builds community (Lord, give me an opportunity to include others)
– Love impacts eternity (Lord, give me the opportunity to share Jesus)
What area do you feel God calling you to grow in? What steps are you committing to take in order to grow in this area?
- There are several opportunities that Ps Daniel spoke about where we can show love to those around us.
Share with the group what gifts/abilities/talents you have that God can use to show love in our community?
Prayer time: Ask the Holy Spirit to help you show the love God has for you to others through your life.
Read Mark 6:30-44 and commit to loving people the way Jesus modelled to us
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion devotionals:
Love Others: There are many opportunities to Love People coming up – see the Church Center App for more information:
- Sign up for the Love People Round Table on 15 May 2021
- Invite a mother in your world to the Mother’s Day service