Love of Our Father
Worship: Spend time throughout the week during your time with God listening to As You Find Me by Hillsong United. As you spend time worshipping, allow the Holy Spirit to remind you that God loves you just as you are.
Check-In: Did you have an opportunity to have a conversation with a women (or anyone) in your world about the glass ceilings you could have created for them? In light of what Ps Terran shared last week, what has stood out to you in your time with God this week about the way you could be interacting with those around you?
Bible Readings: Anchor: Luke 15:12-31; 1 John 2:28; Matthew 6:9; Mark 14:36; Romans 5:8; John 3:16
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- What one thought/challenge stood out to you from what Ps Daniel shared this week? Is there something that you could apply from this?
- A.W. Tozer makes this statement “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” Below are some of the distortions we may have of God:
– God the puppet master
– God the tyrant
– God the drifter
– God is a relic
Share with the group what comes to mind when you think about who God is in your life. What is your picture of Him?
- We see from the Prodigal Son story that God’s love is relational, sacrificial, extravagant, and eternal. Is there something in your perspective that needs to change in order to deepen your understanding of how much God loves you?
- With a deeper understanding of what it means to be loved by God ourselves, how are you committing to loving people in your world better?
Prayer time: Ask the Holy Spirit to help you experience the love God has for you first and allow that love to be extended to others through your life.
Read Luke 15:12-31 and commit to building a culture of love for God and people in your world and in our Church.
For personal study, here are some suggested YouVersion devotionals:
- The Prodigal Son by Matt Carter
- Love God. Love People. Have Fun by Calvary Chapel
Love Others: There are other resources available on the Church Centre App which you can share with those in your circle that are struggling and need encouragement:
- For Parents/Mom’s – called “The Mom Show”
- For those dealing with grief and loss – called “Grief and Grace”