Purpose for the session: To experience more of God’s peace in our lives.
Worship: As you prepare for group, listen to the song “Goodness of God” by Bethel Worship. Talk to God about His goodness towards you and give thanks in your prayer time for all He has done.
Check-In: Share how you put God first in your life in the past week by re-focussing your priorities.
Bible Reading: Read Philippians 4:4-12; Romans 12:2 and Romans 8:28 in various translations as you prepare for group.
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- In what ways are the world’s ideas of peace different to the Bible’s definition of peace?
- What would thinking about things that are “true, noble and right” look like for you?
- Why is praying with thanksgiving so important?
- Share what you could “fix your thoughts on” that is “lovely”, reflecting love for God and others?
Check out and Prayer time: The secret of being content (v12) is to surrender all our worries to God. Surrender means to “give something over” or “give back”. In a time of prayer, give back to God what you are specifically anxious about. Then thank Him for that situation because He will use what we surrender to Him for His good.
Prayer is an important discipline in our lives. Use the prayer devotional that we sent out this week to create a rhythm of prayer in your daily life, praying for yourself and others.
1-one-1: Let’s keep inviting those we are praying for to Sunday services or to join us at opportunities to volunteer our time.
Social Justice: There are opportunities to use your time, talents, and treasures to come alongside and support U-Turn and Mercy Aids.
- You can drop off items such as bedding/mattresses for U-Turn by contacting the office 0215590325.
- Support Mercy Aids both financially or practically by contacting them on 0646165238.
Daily Practices to follow:
Memorize Philippians 4:4-12. Write out the verses or copy and paste it so you can see it regularly throughout the day. Read or recite the verses and repeat throughout the day. Set a reminder to pray at different times throughout the day.
Look up all the verses where God speaks about His peace in the Bible.
- Hear God speak to you from the common threads that stands out to you as you read these verses.
Suggested YouVersion Devotionals