THE STRUGGLE IS REAL (Week 2)
Purpose for the session: To learn how to listen and to wait on God in order to move.
Worship: As you prepare for group, listen to the song “Great Things” by Phil Wickham. Pray back to God your thanks for what He has done in your life.
Check-In: Share how you were able to practically be God’s hands and feet in the past week.
Bible Reading: In preparation for group, read Habakkuk 2:1-4; 20, use various translations; Psalm 27:14; Hebrews 11:8-9
Listen to the overview of The Book of Habakkuk by clicking here: The Bible Project.
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
- Think of a time in your life when God wasn’t doing what you wanted Him to do. Share what you did (or should have done) to position yourself to wait, to LISTEN to God like Habakkuk did.
- When you do not understand something about God’s plan, do you choose to have faith? Or do you despair and give up? What has been your response?
- Journaling or writing things down is how we remember what God has said to us. When we are distracted or disillusioned then we can go back to read God’s promises to us. Tell your story of what God has promised you that you have not received yet.
- Read Hebrews 11:8-9. By faith Abraham obeyed God and ‘moved’. Considering what Daniel said about: UP, IN, OUT, what needs to shift in your life group to grow towards moving in these directions?
Others: This week take what you have read in your quiet time and from these life group notes into your day. Share as God leads you about His promises and His timing as we encourage others to trust God for their everyday. Invite someone to join you at church online this coming Sunday.
Invite someone that you know has questions about God to join you at Equip: Alpha that starts on Monday 3 August. Use this link to invite them.
Check out and Prayer Time: Last week we shared what needed to shift in our lives for God’s plans to prevail. Share how this is going and how you can increase your waiting and listening to God as you make the necessary shifts.
Prayer is not just about asking for what we need, but about surrendering our plans to His will. Take time in group, pair up either in group time or during the week to pray together for a transformed heart.
Daily Practices to follow:
- • We have been weekly memorizing Scripture. How has this been going? Does it help you to share God’s Word, does it remind you of His faithfulness? Take time this week to reflect on these Scriptures that you have been memorizing and what God has been saying to you.
Memorize Psalm 27:14. Write out the verse or copy and paste it so you can see it regularly throughout the day.
Read or recite the verse and repeat throughout the day. Set a reminder to pray at different times throughout the day.
- Make worship a part of your daily time with God to encourage and bless you. Here is the Edge Church YouTube playlist for you to listen to.