Moving Forward and Moving Through
Purpose for the session: To move forward and through our personal “valley of dry bones”.
Worship: Listen to the song “Overcome” by Elevation Worship and name the things that you want to surrender to God so that you overcome them.
Check-In: How have you have shared God’s love with your ‘one’ person you are praying for in this time of lockdown?
Sermon notes: From Ezekiel 37 we were challenged to embrace:
- Where we find ourselves.
- Surrendering to His control.
- Deepening our trust in God.
The word “embrace” is defined as accepting a belief willingly and enthusiastically and including it as a key part of our lives.
Preparation and Discussion for Group Time:
Take time to read Ezekiel 37:1-14 (NLT) in a few different translations. Try to visualize being in that valley, smelling and feeling the heat and dust of the desert. Note that the Spirit carries us away into this valley. Prepare questions 1-5 on your own and then share in the group time what God is saying to you from your meditation on this scripture.
- What does your “valley of dry bones” look like? Write it in your journal in some detail.
- Hear God ask you, “Can these bones live again?” and respond to Him with your answer.
- Read verses 4-6 and verse 9 aloud several times as a personal prayer and declaration – “speak to these bones and say…” “So, I spoke these words, just as He told me.”
- Read verses 7—10 and try to catch the excitement of seeing new life being formed. What would new life look like for you and those you are praying for?
- In verse 3, the writer replies, “You alone know the answer to that.” How can you deepen your trust in God in this time?
Check out and prayer time: Share what you are trusting God for in your relationship with Him in this time. End by praying for one another. In the week, check in with the person you prayed for to encourage them.
Others: “We will show mercy to the poor and not miss an opportunity to do acts of kindness for others, for these are the true sacrifices that delight God’s heart.” Hebrews 13:16 (TPT)
- How could you as a group continue to practically support others, in the group and outside of your circle.
- Remind one another to stop and pray at 1pm for 1minute for your 1 person. We are trusting that God will bring many people to faith in this time.
We are thankful to God for the generous giving of the church. If you would like to give towards COVID19 Relief – please use this link to the bank details.
Daily Practices to follow:
Daily Time with God:
YouVersion plans are a good way to grow accountability in having that daily time with God.
- It is a good way to read God’s Word and to encourage one another by sharing Scripture that stood out to you.
- You can read plans together as accountability partners or as a Life Group
Here are some other verses from the Sunday Sermon you can read in the coming week. Take time to journal what God is saying to you from them. Here are some tips on how to journal – follow this link. (add in Journal PDF)
- Psalm 46:10 NLT
- James 4:8 NRSV
- Acts 17:28 NKJV
- 1 Corinthians 15:10 NKJV
- Ephesians 3:20