Living in the Pause!
Purpose for the session:
To be encouraged and equipped to live faithfully “in the pause”.
Listen to the song “Grateful” by Elevation Worship and then pray back to God one thing you are thankful for today.
Choose a verse from the last few weeks that you have been meditating on. In what way has God encouraged you from that verse?
In order to live faithfully in the pause, Pedro encouraged us to do these 4 things:
- Always have a Godly perspective. Exodus 14:10-14.
- Be patient and trust God’s timing. Romans 8:25-28.
- Always protect our hearts. Proverbs 4:23-27.
- Be devoted to our daily practices. John 15:4-10.
- Read aloud the 4 sets of verses above. Consider how each set of verses speaks to your circumstances.
- Share with the group what “living in the pause” could look like for you in your daily activities.
- How could God be using the current circumstances for His good in the world?
- How could God be using the current circumstances for His good in your own life?
“The key to understanding the circumstances of your life is hearing from God, not scrutinizing the circumstances.” Henry and Richard Blackaby, Hearing God’s Voice
Check out and prayer time:
Share one thing that has been an unexpected blessing to you in this time of lockdown. Pray for one another to be aware of God’s blessings in our lives. End with listening to the song The Blessing by Elevation Worship.
Keep each other accountable to pray at 1pm for one minute for the 1 person you are trusting God for to come to an Online service and to choose to follow Jesus. Continue to do practical things for others that you know have need. This can be financially or practical help. We have an opportunity to give above our tithes and offerings to the COVID-19 Relief/Pantry fund.
Daily Practices to follow:
Download and read the book Hearing God’s Voice by Richard and Henry Blackaby. This is a good book to help us to practice the daily habit of connecting with God.
Devotionals to use:
- Edge Church Devotional started 17 April 2020, as we continue to pray for ourselves, others, our Nation and our leaders.
- A YouVersion plan: Christ ˃ Corona. “The coronavirus and the unknowns, interruptions, cancellations, and social isolations are far from over, which means so many of the blessings we love might be MIA (Missing In Action) for months to come. This reading plan offers encouragement and hope for your fear and anxiety and shows the blessings that God can bring out of situations like this.”