Holding on to Hope! Responding to the Corona Virus (Covid-19)
Purpose for the session: To remind us of the Hope that we have in God and the need to share our hope with others, including those in our Life Group.
Worship: Listen to the song “Won’t stop now” by Elevation Worship. Pray for the miracle that you are trusting God for.
Check-In: Share one hope and one fear that you are experiencing.
ible readings: Matthew 14:24-27; Psalm 121(MSG); Matthew 9:36 (TPT); Psalm 34:4; Isaiah 41:10
- In Matthew 14:25-27 we have the account of Jesus coming to the disciples walking on water. Read this in a time of silence.
• Share with the group what words stood out to you from these Scripture verses.
• What do you need from God and each other in order to have courage as you face 21 days of lockdown?
• Jesus spoke to the disciples – what is He saying to you that calms your fears?
- Read Psalm 121. Share with the group what you are placing your hope in at present.
- Jesus had compassion on those around Him (Matthew 9:36) What could your compassion for others look like in this time of uncertainty? Consider for you personally and as a group. Keep it practical and simple so you can encourage one another to do it daily.
Check out and prayer time: Pray Isaiah 41:10 as a personalized message that God is saying to the group at this time.
Others: Some things we can do to serve others at this time:
• We can continue to pray at 1pm for 1 min for one person (1 one 1) who we want to come to know Jesus, and consider how we can go deeper in our prayer life for others.
• We can shop for an elderly or vulnerable person when we go to the shop. • We can share our resources with those who are in need.
• We can encourage those who are fearful in this time.
Ask the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you daily – allowing His presence and activity around you to show you how to pray specifically and give you wisdom in connecting with others.
Daily Practices to follow:
What does meditating on Scripture look like in your daily time with Jesus? • • Memorize Psalm 34:4. Write out the verse or copy and paste it so you can see it regularly throughout the day.
• Read or recite the verse and repeat throughout the day. Set a reminder to pray at different times throughout the day.
Look up as many promises as you can find in the Bible to encourage yourself and others.
• Find the first and last promise in the Bible.
• Write out a few of these promises in your journal each day.
Read a Psalm every day.
• Add your name into the Psalm and change the pronouns as though God is talking to you personally.
• Write out your personalized Psalm in your journal.