This is a Move!
Purpose for the session: To identify where you need to ‘move’ and to act on that.
Bible readings: Deuteronomy 1:6-7a; Deuteronomy 2:3; Hebrews 11:8; Genesis 12:7; Romans 4:19; John 15:4; Philippians 2:13 and Matthew 16:18, Luke 19:10
Worship: Listen to the song “Way Maker” by Sinach Worship. Pray back to God your response of faith.
Check-In: What feelings surface with you when you hear the word ‘move’?
- Read Deuteronomy 1:6-7a and Deuteronomy 2:3, then take time to be still, wait and listen. Share what God is saying to you from these Scriptures.
- We were reminded that Abraham went in faith and obedience, without knowing where he was going to. He was faithful to God’s call (Romans 4:19). What might God be asking you to step out in faith to do to move?
- The cardboard box analogy was a powerful reminder of what takes place when we move. There are things to throw away, keep or give away.
• UP: What is God asking you to surrender to Him? Consider your way of thinking, how our minds need renewing.
• IN: What do you need to do to grow in your daily tie with God so that He can do the work in your heart that only He can do? (John 15:4)
• OUT: Jesus came to seek and save the lost. (Luke 19:10). Share how you could do this through your life, in your family, varsity, workplace and community?
- What will it require of you to move into a new way of living in faith and obedience even when you can’t see where you are going or what it will be like?
Check out and prayer time:
Create a space to wait on God and play ‘This is a Move’ by Tasha Cobbs in the background. Each person to take a quiet moment to surrender to God what you need to leave behind to move forward. Ask the Holy Spirit to begin the work in your heart that only God can do. Pair off and pray for one another for courage to speak to others about Jesus, to invite them to church.
This week ask the Holy Spirit for opportunities to speak to your world about your life and what God is doing in you as you seek to bring others to Jesus.
Going deeper during the week:
Read Philippians 2:13 and Matthew 26:18. Journal what God is saying to you from these scriptures. Continue to re-read the Serenity Prayer to remind you of what is our part and what is God’s part in this move.