One of the most practical ways we can grow is by serving others. Jesus set a clear example to do this, and we believe he also equips and empowers us to do the same. So invest your talents, time and treasure into His kingdom. Why not check out some of our opportunities to serve others, then sign up and start making a meaningful contribution.
God desires us to be good stewards of the material resources he has entrusted to us. We recognise the tithe (10% of one’s earnings) as the practice of giving in Scripture. In response to Christ’s abundant giving, we increasingly submit our resources to His Lordship and display a spirit of generosity and cheerfulness in supporting the work of the church with our giving.
We recognise the following:
- We should give in appreciation for what the Lord has done for us.
- We should be faithful and consistent in our giving.
- We should give, in faith, believing God as our supplier. It declares our dependency on God as our source of supply for all our needs.
- Our tithe should be brought to the local church.
- We are accountable for our giving.
- It is an aspect of worship, bringing a sweet-smelling sacrifice of praise to God (Phil 4:18).
Giving to God’s work includes the giving of our tithe, offerings and other specified giving. At Edge Church, we provide opportunity to designate offerings for the Hope Promise, in support of our missionaries and social justice projects.