God desires us to be good stewards of the material resources he has entrusted to us. At Edge Church, we recognise the tithe (10% of one’s earnings) as the practice of giving in Scripture. In response to Christ’s abundant giving, we increasingly submit our resources to His Lordship and display a spirit of generosity and cheerfulness in supporting the work of the church with our giving.
We recognise the following:
- We should give in appreciation for what the Lord has done for us.
- We should be faithful and consistent in our giving.
- We should give, in faith, believing God as our supplier. It declares our dependency on God as our source of supply for all our needs.
- Our tithe should be brought to the local church.
- We are accountable for our giving.
- It is an aspect of worship, bringing a sweet-smelling sacrifice of praise to God (Phil 4:18).